Checking for unused columns

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Checking for unused columns

Postby pasita » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Is there a way I could check for columns I'm no longer using? Or as a minimum, check whether a column I suspect I no longer use, is indeed unused?

Also, please remove the encryption from the pt files. It'll boost your market and make my life easier.
pasita
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: Checking for unused columns

Postby kraada » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:13 pm

Unfortunately there is no easy way to make that check that I'm aware of. I'll ask the development team if there's a trick I'm unaware of, and request that we remove that encryption as well, though I suspect at this point in time it is unlikely that they will do so.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Checking for unused columns

Postby pasita » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:45 pm

I mean, if you have a valid reason for having everything encrypted, making all 3rd party development and general (power)usage more difficult, just say "there's a good reason" and I'll leave it at that. Binary I could somehow understand, but encrypted?

Any way, that's the last of it from me. Now I just remove columns and hope that nothing breaks in my stats.
pasita
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: Checking for unused columns

Postby kraada » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:56 pm

I'm afraid I don't know the reason beyond "it's always been that way". I'll see what I can find out.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest