Serious: NO more new stats plz!

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Serious: NO more new stats plz!

Postby preparac » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:57 am

Whith almost every Beta you add some new standard-stats i.e. columns to PT3. I suppose that most users appreciate this ... but for user who are relying on their own custom stats this "advantage" is becoming a serious problem because of the 1600 columns limitation ... I give you an example:

I use different postflop custom stats for preflop single raised and 3bet pots. So if you f. ex. add to the existing cnt_f_cbet_defaction_call column additional cnt_f_cbet_defaction_call_in_pos/cnt_f_cbet_defaction_call_out_of_pos columns I can not use them (I already built similar custom columns for single raised/3bet pots before ...) and they take only free column slots away from me and I have to delete some custom columns ...

So if you cannot resolve the 1600 columns limitation problem and continue to add constantly new standard columns you severely reduce the biggest advantage of PT3 ....

Are you aware of this problem (which I already pointed at a year ago or so...)?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about it....
preparac
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 6:23 am

Re: Serious: NO more new stats plz!

Postby kraada » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:34 am

The 1600 column limitation is a PostgreSQL limitation that we cannot work around at this point in time.

As far as I'm aware though there haven't been any new stats added to the default set in almost a year. The newer Live Stats don't hit the cache and don't take up any cache columns.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Serious: NO more new stats plz!

Postby preparac » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:06 pm

I already suggested this before, but maybe you did check this out in between:

Would it be to much effort for your development team to offer sort of a "slim" edition for every new stable PT3 release (not for every beta) ... slim = purged of standard stats or layouts (or if it's more feasable just with unprotected standard stats)? Like this, advanced users could use the full available space (1600 columns) for customized stats.

Maybe it would be enough to delete some parts of the code whitout further programming - but what I know... ? Ah yes, and I think it would not be necessary to give user support for such a slim version.

thanx for taking in consideration
preparac
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 6:23 am

Re: Serious: NO more new stats plz!

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:38 pm

I'll pass your suggestion on to the development team, but I think it's unlikely that they will want to have a release without the basic stats.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests