CBet definition

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CBet definition

Postby kraada » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:14 am

Despite the definition sounding that way, I've run checks on a 1M hand database and a 5M hand database and not found any hands where the player cbet the turn and didn't bet the turn (ie- the raise of the donk counted as a cbet) - so it seems like the raise, cbet, face donk and raise doesn't count as a cbet. I also haven't found any hands where the player raised, cbet the flop, didn't cbet the turn, and cbet the river (which is the other option for getting a river cbet after raising a turn donk).

So tentatively I'd say that the turn donk breaks the chain. But I'm waiting for a query to come back on a 15M hand database and would like to try a few other tests before I say that for certain.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: CBet definition

Postby Brainish » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:13 pm

Have you considered using a LHE database for these rare NLH bet sequences?
Brainish
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:37 pm

Re: CBet definition

Postby kraada » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:12 pm

I'm afraid I don't have access to an LHE database - if you have a sizeable chunk of LHE hands that I could test on that you wouldn't mind sending me, please send me a PM and I'll let you know where to e-mail the file, and I'll gladly import and test them.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: CBet definition

Postby marvin » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:17 pm

i wish know if pfa that raises Dbet on flop and bet on turn is doing cbet,
can you try to test a report in this way: using a filter something like [def donk flop =raise] and bet on turn. if there is some positivity, then add this new condition: [def donk flop =raise] and [bet on turn] and [flag cbet turn]. if there isnt positivity, then htat bet arent cbet. (i dont have idea how to run report, so pls do it and tell me. ty.
marvin
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:17 am

Re: CBet definition

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:24 am

You can only c-bet the turn if you c-bet the flop. If someone else bets the flop you cannot make any further c-bets in the hand.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Previous

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests