Upgrading to 8.4

PostgreSQL is the database server used to store information. Do you have a question or are you having problem with PostgreSQL? If so, post them here.

Moderator: Moderators

Upgrading to 8.4

Postby ElT007 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:44 pm

My backup computer is using PostgreSQL 8.3.x and my primary is using 8.4.x. I backed up for the month on an external drive and tried to restore onto my backup computer. It blew up PT3. I am trying to install 8.4 on my old computer, but it needs the 8.3 defaullt password. What is it?
ElT007
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Upgrading to 8.4

Postby tarix » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:08 pm

The default password that PT3 uses is 'dbpass'.
tarix
Developer
 
Posts: 3760
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Upgrading to 8.4

Postby ElT007 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:46 am

PT3 is still not aware that the backup computer has 8.4 installed now. It is unable to restore. Should I schedule a remote session?
ElT007
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Upgrading to 8.4

Postby tarix » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:38 am

Yes, and send us logs. We might be able to get you going a little faster that way.
tarix
Developer
 
Posts: 3760
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Upgrading to 8.4

Postby ElT007 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:14 am

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall to no avail. I will set up a ticket.
ElT007
 
Posts: 260
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Upgrading to 8.4

Postby kraada » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:35 am

Thanks we appreciate it.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PostgreSQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests