Player Summary Stuck Populating

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Player Summary Stuck Populating

Postby renegades8 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:52 pm

After importing some HHs after downloading the newest beta, everyone's Player Summary is stuck on "Populating...". I've tried setting the filters back to normal, re-opening PT, and even restarting my computer. What do I have to do to fix this?
renegades8
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:14 am

Re: Player Summary Stuck Populating

Postby APerfect10 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:18 pm

We have had several complaints regarding this issue and many of these users have submitted files for us to help troubleshoot the issue. We are looking into this problem and will hopefully get it resolved soon.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Re: Player Summary Stuck Populating

Postby midas » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:19 pm

I had the same issue. I even went so far as to install a previous version. I even tried clustering the database and dropping back a version (A). I finally did 3 things that are probably unrelated and the problem went away.

Thing 1 - I'm on a laptop using a Readyboost flash drive. I ran checkdisk on the drive and it said it found some errors. I also decreased the Readyboost cache from 4MB to 2MB.

Thing 2 - I stopped a few services that were running. Specifically the GBPVR and ITUNES services.

Thing 3 - I imported some hands I had recently played into PT2 and also imported some tournament summaries. I then exported those and imported the summaries back into PT3.

I doubt any of those caused the fix. I think it was just opening and closing multiple times that finally did it. But who knows.

After it started working I was able to go back to the current version and it still works.
midas
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:28 pm

Re: Player Summary Stuck Populating

Postby nusretep » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:36 am

I suspect that the problem is the load is slow the first time for people with larger numbers of hand histories. I ran into this problem when I aliased a number of accounts causing me to have about 29k hands. This took somewhere on the order of 30 minutes to load. After that intial load, starting up the session again brings me fairly quick player summary info.

Hope that helps.
nusretep
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:08 am

Re: Player Summary Stuck Populating

Postby APerfect10 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:31 am

We are looking into getting this issue resolved and releasing Beta 7 as a fix...

-Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4489
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 pm


Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests